The Archives at the museum consist of maps, photographs, oral history and other paper based documents. The map collection dates from 1868 through to the present day.
The oral history collection has been built up over the last 10 years and includes memories from local people on World War II, school days, working and social lives of local residents.
The photograph collection dates from the beginning of the 20th Century and shows how the town and area has changed, local people and events.
We have been given archives from groups and societies which include:
- Petersfield Urban District Council
- Petersfield Scouts
- Petersfield Area Historical Society
- Petersfield Society
- Flora Twort
- Operatic Society
- Music Festival
We are actively seeking more. The archives are available for viewing all year round by appointment.
Copies can be made on request, but charges will apply:
Price list private study/research
NB We charge for time spent on research not on results. You may request searches of 1 or 2 hours per application. There is also a half hour option for limited searches.
- A4 black and white photocopies (plain paper) 50p
- A4 colour photocopies (plain paper) £1
Digital images (of objects and archives inc copies of images)
- Hi-res on CD £6.80 (£3.20 per additional image)
- Lo-res by email £5.80 (£3.20 per additional image)
- A5 or A4 black and white/colour on photo quality paper £5 (per image)
- Research (per hour) £25
Separate charges apply for publishing – please contact the Curator for details.